Sunday, October 26, 2008

As People Age, the Thrill Is (Almost) Gone

In this weekend, I have read a news named "As People Age, the Thrill Is (Almost) Gone " on The New York Times. Scientists find some old people and young people to do an experiment. They found that three parts of a reward center in the brain lighted up in the younger group, but only one in the older group if there are some excited things happen.The main difference is in the response of the brain to dopamine, it is a naturally chemical messenger that plays a central role in the reward system.

From my view point, except the reason that the article mentioned, another reason is that old people have exprienced so many things. Most of them are not unusual to old people, so they would not feel excited. Is that right?

The topic of this article is health. Why I enjoy this topic? To be honest, it is because this kind of articles are easy to understand and shorter than others... In addition, others such as politics or business are time-dependent, but for health, you have to care about it through your whole life.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Hi Renay!!!

I found the article you read very interesting... and I agree with you when you say that subjects related to health care are important for us because we have to be aware about it for our own health. But I thing some of the news about health care can be time dependent... specially when it talks about the results of a new search...

OuiMashiDuo said...

I find the article you read is interesting. And I think your reason is good; older people have more experience than younger people.

Health is very important for everyone. I agree with you that we have to care for our health through our whole life.

The health topic will be interesting to discuss in our class. Because everyone wants to be healthy, it's a good chance for us to find about health articles... ;)

MORNINGyuchen said...

Hi Renay,
I cann't agree with you more.Health is the most important.In my opinion,the thrill is decided by the attitude towards life.Have you found that many young guys have no thrill towards life?
Have a good week