Monday, October 20, 2008

The Story of Stuff

I just see the vedio named "The Story of Stuff" from the Internet, which is a homewok of Media class. That is an interesting vedio, I think.

In this vedio, a woman talks about a system which contains five step that related to the enviornment : extraction, production, distribution, consumption and disposal. First, it is extraction. It is means that America use too many resouces all over the world. Second, it's production, we use energy to products, and most of them are wasted. Third, she talks about distribution. We usually can get a product cheaper than it really worth, because companies use some bad way to make the product cheap. For example, give workers a little money or cut their insurance, etc. It's means that we are destroying ourself. Finally, the vedio is about disposal. People buy many new things every day so that they will have lots of trash every day. To make trash disappear, we will make our environment bad, Even though the rececling is not enough. The conclusion is that we cannot go on this system. We have to protect our world, and do something to improve that bad situation. For example, zero wast, or whatever...

From my view point, though it's a serious problem happen in America, this problem is not only appear in USA, we also have this thing in some other countries. In other words, protecting our world is everyone's responsibility.

If I have chance, I would like to introduce this vedio to my friend, and ask them to protect our enviroment from now on~~~

3 comments:

Hot Pink said...

Hi Renay!

I agree with you when you say that take care of the envroment is OUR responsability... and I think it is really nice that you want to introduce this video to your friends!!!! Very Nice!!! Let's do our part...

OuiMashiDuo said...

Yes! You're right! "Protecting our world is everyone's responsibility." This is our world; if we don't protect it, who else gonna do?

Similar to you, I think this video is so interesting that I should recommend to everyone I know. I already suggested some people to watch this video and think about how to help our world from these problems we are facing.

kim said...

Yes, I'd like to show this site to other people as well. It's a good way to be alert about our environment.
I hope as many campaign as this site to be everywhere.